Which Linux? or Solarix 2.6 x86 ?

Daniel Fonseca daniel at med.up.pt
Fri Jun 19 10:36:55 GMT 1998

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Christian Barth wrote:

>  What would you prefer?

I prefer Slackware (3.5 is out) for Servers and the lot and RedHat (5.1
out too) for personal use.

>  What things have to be taken care of?

If you're familiar with Unix families and SysV plus BSD stuff you won't
have any problems, I think.

>  What has to be avoided?

Drinking and eating while working in front of your screen over the
keyboard :-)

> (May be this is not the right list for this question, but I enjoy
> reading this list)

You're right, I just took some time while waiting for a compile, to answer
to you and maybe spare someone else.

Hope to help,

Daniel Fonseca - SysAdmin for Oporto Med School
http://www.med.up.pt