A small sucess

Ruud Huynen rhn at orcom.ch
Tue Jun 2 11:05:18 GMT 1998

>> Chris re-wrote the name mangling code between the last
>> 1.9.18 release and the head branch. His tests showed
>> that it had exactly the same behaviour as the older
>> branch (but was faster).

I have sent the following message in January to samba-bugs.
Till now a didn't recieve a message that my problem is reproducable.

This is the problem:
When I have a directory e.g. 'customer' and rename it to 'Customer', I can descend into this directory, but no files/directories are displayed.

When the name I want to change is only 1 character, e.g. 'a' and rename it to 'A' everything functions.
Also when the name I rename changes in the first character, e.g. 'Aaa' to 'Baa' it works.

I have the following settings:
;       mangled names = no
        mangle case = no
        case sensitive = no
        default case = lower
        preserve case = yes
        short preserve case = yes
        character set = iso8859-1
        client code page = 850

I tested this on AIX (gcc without -O), HPUX and SCO. The samba release is 1.9.17p5.
Can you check if this problem doesn't exist anymore in 1.9.18 and Domain-Branch.

Ruud Huynen   rhn at orcom.ch
ORCOM Systems AG
Tel. +41 61 976 33 33
Fax. +41 61 971 54 71

More information about the samba-ntdom mailing list