update to FAQ

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Jul 31 15:47:35 GMT 1998

I have updated Section 4 of the NTDOM FAQ.  Here are the Questions.
Send suggestions, typos, comments, etc directly to me (unless you feel
the list needs to see it).  The FAQ has been updated on the ANU samba
site and will go to mirrors shortly.

Roaming Profiles
      4.1.1  Why is it bad to set "logon path = \\%N\%U\profile"
             in smb.conf?
      4.1.2  Why are all the users listed in the "domain admin
             users" using the same profile?
      4.1.3  How can I create a user's profile directory on the
             fly without user the \\%N\%U\profile type of setup?

User & Groups
      4.2.1.  When I try to view the accounts in my Samba Domain
              using User Manager for Domains I get 'The Remote
              Procedure Call failed.'
      4.2.2.  When I run command line tool "x", that tries to use
              a domain account, I get the message 'No mapping
              between usernames and ID's was done.'
      4.2.3.  I really need to include domain accounts and groups
              in the ACL's, but it won't work.

Domain Administration
      4.3.1.  How do I configure an account as a domain
              administrator?
      4.3.2.  I can't get system policies to work.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )