listing of daemons running on a unix server

John Burchett johnb at ee.duke.edu
Wed Dec 9 21:06:51 GMT 1998

Luke,

I think it would be nice if (maybe this was already what you were thinking
of) ythe service manager did a lookthrough of the rc.d/init.d, etc
directories and prebuild a daemon list file, and then let the user tweak any
entries that need changing on a system-to-system basis. Since *most*
important services have a nicely-behaved rc.d script, this would reduce the
user-typing load to a minimum. btw, I use redhat 5.2.

imho,
john burchett
duke U ee dept.