have to set "oplocks = false" for Word

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Apr 17 18:01:09 GMT 1998

Michael Keightley wrote:

> I have had to set "oplocks = false" in the homes section of my smb.conf
> otherwise when I try to open an existing word document from a network
> drive I get the error:
>
> "Word failed reading from the file (xxxx)
>  Please restore the network connection or
>  replace the floppy or disk and retry"
>
> I am using BRANCH_NTDOM version of samba.  This doesn't happen with
> 1.9.18p4.   Anyone got any ideas?

I would get the latest cvd version of the main branch.  The NTDOM has
been merged in for the most part.  This seemed to get rid of some file
problems I had with BRANCH_NTDOM.  No file corruption but a copy with /v
would fail the verify ( although nothing would be wrong with the file
itself ).

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )