Profiles & Policies

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Apr 14 15:26:39 GMT 1998

Dana Canfield wrote:

> After a little experimentation and extrapolating from some Win '95
> Windows NT's "automatic" policy mode does not work with Samba.
> I don't quite understand this, because according to MS's guides, the
> Automatic mode just looks in \\PDC\NETLOGON\NTconfig.pol for the
> policy. However, when you switch to manual mode (e.g., pre-hack the
> registry) and specify this path, all is well.  Go figure.  My only
> guess is that maybe it has something to do with case-sensitivity, but I
> tried every reasonable variation of case as well.  Is this worth
> listing as a bug?  If for no other reason than to keep others from
> wasting an entire day trying to figure this out?

Hmmm...They work fine for me.  I can verify by this by the hidden shares
are disabled on new workstations.  my file is named ntconfig.pol and I
have never had any problems with case in the filename.

	default case = lower

is all i have in smb.conf

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter