programming question: authenticating to a domain controller

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Thu Apr 2 21:38:57 GMT 1998

yes it does work.

you must first do the sub-command lsaquery, followed by the nltest (or
ntlogin) command.

you do not need DES libraries; you will need
http://mailhost.cb1.com/~lkcl/arcfour.c (in the BRANCH_NTDOM version,
which you say you are using).

use a samba BRANCH_NTDOM server with debug level 20 to 30, because you
will get nice pretty output in the log.smb file :-)  alternatively, use
NETMON on the nt server.

luke