Samba as PDC

David Baker dbaker at getnetworked.com
Wed Jul 16 14:41:05 GMT 2003

Good morning all.  I am probably the newest member to the list.  I have been
given the task of setting up a Samba server as a PDC to perform basic file &
print sharing.  I have setup Samba as a standard member of a peer-to-peer
network in the past, but I am having a heck of a time getting it to act in
PDC form.  I have read several docs found in Google searches I just can't
seem to get it to work.  Sometimes, my problem is authentication and
sometimes it's getting the machine account added and sometimes it's getting
the samba user added to the password server...  I think I have a good
smb.conf file but I just can't get it.  Can anyone help a newbie who is
frustrated?  Thanks in advance.

David