Samba as PDC

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at samba.org
Thu Jul 17 09:20:16 GMT 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 09:41:05AM -0500, David Baker wrote:
> Good morning all.  I am probably the newest member to the list.  I have been
> given the task of setting up a Samba server as a PDC to perform basic file &
> print sharing.  I have setup Samba as a standard member of a peer-to-peer
> network in the past, but I am having a heck of a time getting it to act in
> PDC form.  I have read several docs found in Google searches I just can't
> seem to get it to work.  Sometimes, my problem is authentication and
> sometimes it's getting the machine account added and sometimes it's getting
> the samba user added to the password server...  I think I have a good
> smb.conf file but I just can't get it.  Can anyone help a newbie who is
> frustrated?  Thanks in advance.

than here. This list is for documentation efforts coordination, so it's not
meant to be general questions center.
Also, to expect any useful help, you'll need to provide more extensive information
like operating system, samba configuration, log files, etc.

cheers,
--
 Rafal Szczesniak      mimir[at]diament.ists.pwr.wroc.pl
 Samba Team member     mimir[at]samba.org