How to integrate i18n docs in HEAD branch

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at samba.gr.jp
Fri Sep 28 03:30:43 GMT 2001

Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
>> 3. if we want to install i18n documents,
>>   we extract the i18n documents archive and put into
>>   docs/$ln/{htmldocs,manpages, ...}
>
>Would it be performed by using a configure script to detect where
>actually to extract the files to
>or
>rather by simply copying what's needed by hand ?

copying by hand is enough,
my image is ...

  %tar xzvf some/where/samba-3.x.x.tar.gz
  %cd samba-3.x.x/docs/lang
  %tar xzvf some/where/samba-3.x.x-docs-ja.tar.gz
  %cd ../../source
  %./configure ... --with-manlangs="ja"

I hope --with-manlangs controls what language resources are installed
with SWAT as well as manpages if we spefify --with-i18n-swat.

>I think we don't need to include all of documentation, except
>manpages, in the archive. All of documents (with mentioned exception)
>should be put in a separate package. That's my personal feeling, but
>I'm debian user.

I do not agree with you.
English manpages, html files used by SWAT and other docs are needed to
include the basic archive.
I guess you prefer to use manpages and I also usually use manpages,
but other people will prefer to use HTML files via SWAT.

SGML files are not needed to include, because we do not need SGML
files to install Samba.

-----
TAKAHASHI, Motonobu(monyo)         monyo at samba.org
Personal - http://home.monyo.com/