How to integrate i18n docs in HEAD branch

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl
Fri Sep 28 09:10:11 GMT 2001

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, TAKAHASHI Motonobu wrote:

> Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
> >> 3. if we want to install i18n documents,
> >>   we extract the i18n documents archive and put into
> >>   docs/$ln/{htmldocs,manpages, ...}
> >
> >Would it be performed by using a configure script to detect where
> >actually to extract the files to
> >or
> >rather by simply copying what's needed by hand ?
>
> copying by hand is enough,
> my image is ...
>
>   %tar xzvf some/where/samba-3.x.x.tar.gz
>   %cd samba-3.x.x/docs/lang
>   %tar xzvf some/where/samba-3.x.x-docs-ja.tar.gz
>   %cd ../../source
>   %./configure ... --with-manlangs="ja"
>
> I hope --with-manlangs controls what language resources are installed
> with SWAT as well as manpages if we spefify --with-i18n-swat.

It will do.

> >I think we don't need to include all of documentation, except
> >manpages, in the archive. All of documents (with mentioned exception)
> >should be put in a separate package. That's my personal feeling, but
> >I'm debian user.
>
> I do not agree with you.
> English manpages, html files used by SWAT and other docs are needed to
> include the basic archive.
> I guess you prefer to use manpages and I also usually use manpages,
> but other people will prefer to use HTML files via SWAT.

I meant manpages by content, not by format. HTML man pages are to be
installed as well as [ng]roff] ones. We could easily leave off the
Samba HOWTO Collection, various textdocs, etc.

> SGML files are not needed to include, because we do not need SGML
> files to install Samba.

right.

> TAKAHASHI, Motonobu(monyo)         monyo at samba.org

Rafal 'Mimir' Szczesniak <mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl>   |
*BSD, Linux and Samba                                  /