How to integrate i18n docs in HEAD branch

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl
Fri Sep 21 22:09:03 GMT 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, TAKAHASHI Motonobu wrote:

> swat/lang/$ln/ is Andrew's opinion. For me, both are acceptable.
> I think to fix it ASAP is important.

Well, it's not actually crucial, so we can think over it yet later. At
least we don't have to decide in rush.

> >While I agree with you here, I'm also working on
> >docs/docbook/configure.in and docs/docbook/Makefile.in files to
> >automate generating of the html and man files from docs/docbook/$ln
> >(pl here) directory.
>
> Does this mean you are creating a converter using awk, sed and other
> standard stuffs?

Nooo... Mostly, converting is already ready-to-use. Generating html,
ps and pdf files can be done using sgmltools. About manpages, a perl
script called by sgmlspl (or sth like that, I might miss the actual
name) _and_ nsgmls parser is used here.
What I'm doing is modifying the configure.in and related stuff to
accomodate it to sgml sources in language subdirectories too
(docbook/docs/ja for instance). Well ... maybe some sed cosmetics
too ;-) We'll see ...

(...)

> Anyway,
>
> >(a)
> >docs/$ln/{html,manpages,faq,textdocs} makes easier extracting i18n'ed
> >documentation in future and splitting it out as separated "packages"
> >
> >(b)
> >docs/html/$ln, docs/manpages/$ln, docs/faq/$ln fits easier in current
> >source tree
>
> For (a) and (b), I think (a) is better than (b).
> And for (a), we can easily take a partial CVS commit right later.

Yes, that's right. It's the biggest advantage of this solution I think.

Oh, btw, polish parameter's labels in swat po files are under
construction :)

cheers,

Rafal 'Mimir' Szczesniak <mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl>   |
*BSD, Linux and Samba                                  /