How to integrate i18n docs in HEAD branch

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at samba.gr.jp
Fri Sep 21 04:18:10 GMT 2001

Rafal Szczesniak wrote:
>>   Another solution is to put swat/lang/$ln/{help,images,included}.
>>   The following is mentioned about where to install, not where to put
>>   in source archive, but it may be usefull to adjust the directory
>>   tree.
>
>What would be in swat/ apart from the lang/ directory ? It seems to me
>the dir tree like swat/$ln/{help,images,include} is quite good.

swat/lang/$ln/ is Andrew's opinion. For me, both are acceptable.
I think to fix it ASAP is important.

>>   We need to have docs of these formats because I think we should not
>>   assume that DOCBOOK - html and man page converter is always
>>   installed on the platform.
>
>While I agree with you here, I'm also working on
>docs/docbook/configure.in and docs/docbook/Makefile.in files to
>automate generating of the html and man files from docs/docbook/$ln
>(pl here) directory.

Does this mean you are creating a converter using awk, sed and other
standard stuffs?

>>   docs/$ln/{htmldocs,manpages,faq,textdocs} or
>>   docs/{htmldocs,manpages,faq,textdocs} are considerable?

Sorry for severe typo.

   docs/$ln/{htmldocs,manpages,faq,textdocs} or
   docs/lang/$ln/{htmldocs,manpages,faq,textdocs} are considerable?
        ~~~~~~~~

Anyway,

>(a)
>docs/$ln/{html,manpages,faq,textdocs} makes easier extracting i18n'ed
>documentation in future and splitting it out as separated "packages"
>
>(b)
>docs/html/$ln, docs/manpages/$ln, docs/faq/$ln fits easier in current
>source tree

For (a) and (b), I think (a) is better than (b).
And for (a), we can easily take a partial CVS commit right later.

-----
TAKAHASHI, Motonobu(monyo)         monyo at samba.org
Personal - http://home.monyo.com/
Samba Team - http://samba.org/     Samba-JP - http://www.samba.gr.jp/