Trying to diagnose incomplete file transfer

Francis.Montagnac at inria.fr Francis.Montagnac at inria.fr
Sat Mar 4 07:38:50 UTC 2023

Hi.

On Sat, 04 Mar 2023 00:39:52 -0600 Albert Croft via rsync wrote:

> The rsync commands may be launched from command-line or cron, but use
> the same format and options in either case. As a result, there may be
> multiple rsync processes pulling files from the same remote path to the
> same local path.

I think you should first prevent this to happen.

If your receiving machine is using systemd:

  - define a X.service for doing the rsync
  - define a X.timer unit to replace using cron
  - launch from the command line with: systemctl start X
    - this will not start a new rsync if one runs already (if X.service is
      running)

--
francis