Delta-compression and --write-devices

Laurens Blankers laurens at blankersfamily.com
Thu Jun 11 17:48:56 UTC 2020

On 2020-06-10 23:39, Wayne Davison wrote:
> Indeed, that looks to be exactly what is wrong.  I adapted the code in
> the receiver into the latest version of the copy-devices.diff (in the
> rsync-patches git), which should hopefully fix it for you.  I compiled
> it, but didn't have an easy way to test it.

I tested your patch and it works like a charm! Tested it a number of
times, based on the number of bytes received, only the hashes and
modified blocks where transferred. Also did a sha256sum on both devices
after every attempt, just to be sure, and they matched every time.

One very minor visual glitch is that the %process is still stuck at
-2147483648% (I guess min signed int) during the transfer. But this is
just a visual thing, doesn't impact the transfer.

On 2020-06-11 05:39, Franklin M. Siler wrote:
> I must say, what a beautiful example of open source at work. Cheers
> all around.

I agree, thanks Wayne for your quick response!

Laurens