linux rsync <-> SSHDroid has started becoming unreliable after an upgrade of Fedora 28 to 29

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Sun Feb 3 06:53:32 UTC 2019

Paul,

On 2019-02-03 03:00, Paul Slootman via rsync wrote:
> On Sun 03 Feb 2019, Philip Rhoades via rsync wrote:
>>
>> For some years I have been using rsync quite happily to send /
>> retrieve
>> files to / from SSHDroid Pro but recently I have started having a
>> problem
>> when transferring large numbers of file - I am pretty sure it started
>> after
>> upgrading from Fedora x86_64 28 to 29 - but I am not 100% sure.  Below
>> is
>
> [...]
>
>> Corrupted MAC on input.
>> ssh_dispatch_run_fatal: Connection to 192.168.1.100 port 22: message
>> authentication code incorrect
>
> ssh's communication gets disrupted somehow, and stops the connection,
> thus causing rsync to fail.
>
> This is a problem with ssh, not with rsync. Try enabling ssh debug
> options, and try using different ssh ciphers.

I tried putting all the Ciphers one-by-one in:

   ~/.ssh/config

but with no improvement.  I will try ssh debugging . .

I have also sent a note to the developer of SSHDroid to see if (s)he
responds but the last update to that app was in 2015 and ssh doesn't
change very much so it is hard to see why that should suddenly be
playing up - I will also try and use the ssh from Fedora 27/8 to see if
that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Phil.
--