Delete remote folder

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Jun 2 11:22:13 UTC 2016

Fabian Cenedese <Cenedese at indel.ch> wrote:

> This script is bash and also uses the "remote shell hacks" using SSH.
> As I want to run it also from Windows I'm looking for a rsync solution.

Assuming you have control of the server, can you do a bit of semaphore ?

Eg, do your backup with rsync, then when it's complete, touch a file (or put something in it) and rsync that to the server. The server then runs a process that does some action.

Eg, you touch a file "/etc/ivedoneabackup" and sync it, when the server sees that, it runs a process which links/moves/whatever stuff around to suit.
The client side can be scripted in whatever language is available on that platform.