man page

Karl O. Pinc kop at meme.com
Thu Jul 28 19:05:42 UTC 2016

Let me start with a reference to Nazis, just so we can reach
the Godwin-point and be done with it.

If somebody thinks they can improve the documentation let them
submit a patch.  This provides something concrete for people
to comment on and the maintainers can make a decision
as to whether they want to make the proposed change.

Until I see something in writing I've no opinion one way or
another.  As a rule, getting rid of extra words makes
for clearer sentences.   The sticking point is in what is
considered "extra".

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 14:15:51 -0400
Tony Reed <anthony.reed at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nah, this is the first time I've posted here in years. Gennaly things
> just tick over with the application moving along in a nice
> straightforward manner, improvment upon improvement. Rsync is one of
> the mose important and usefu apps available for Linux and OS X
> (powered by APPLE!!!!); followed by ffmpeg and vlc (and Apache, I
> guess, but I don't do  much of that anymore). The docs are very
> well-written and I'm sorry that you and Herr Obermeister Schtallman
> have had your sad little feelings hurt by the mere mention
> of !!!!MICROSOFT!!!!! I used to maintain a couple of packages for
> CRUX and there was a lot of that misplaced zealotry in those parts. I
> don't beweeve in the widda baby jesus neither. Neener. I used to be
> Juanita's old boyfriend, and all that.
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 3:45 PM, Marcus Fonzarelli <
> marcus.fonzarelli at yandex.com> wrote:
>
> > So I guess you're the bully of the community here. Strong opinions
> > without understanding, talk shit, and nothing useful to contribute.
> >

> > 27.07.2016, 21:54, "Tony Reed" <anthony.reed at gmail.com>:
> >
> > I would rather the maintainers would spend their time improving the
> > application, and not worrying aobut the OP's hurt little
> > open-sourced religious feelings. I use rsync to transfer pretty
> > massive (wait for it) ADOBE PHOTOSHOP files around my LAN. Neener
> > neener fucken neener.

Karl <kop at meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein