Question on folder sync with "directory name translation"

Tue Jun 9 06:23:01 MDT 2015

Hello,

I've been tasked with migrating a smallish (@90 mailboxes) company from
a linux/dovecot mail server to Office 365, and after experiencing a ton
of issues with Microsoft's native Imap syncing tool, I decided to use
Imapsync, and it is working perfectly.

It has the ability to add a simple regex translation for mapping folders
of different names - mainly used for the special use folders that can
have different names depending on the server/client involved.

Ie, dovecot/Thunderbird use 'Sent', 'Trash' and 'Junk', while
Office65/Outlook use 'Sent Items', 'Deleted Items' and 'Junk Emails'.

So, a few simple regex lines in the ImapSync commandline options and
problem solved:

--regextrans2 's/Sent$/Sent Items/' \
--regextrans2 's/Trash$/Deleted Items/' \
--regextrans2 's/Junk$/Junk Email/' \

I do use a few more to catch a few other cases, but you get the idea.

I'd be surprised if rsync can't do something similar?

Charles