rsync: getcwd(): bad address (14)

MI mi.lists at alma.ch
Mon Jun 8 11:22:28 MDT 2015

It's almost a year later, but since Google quickly led me to this post in the
archives, I guess the answer may be useful to others.

Had the same error today, in the same situation: cwrsync in Win7x64, batch file
started by Local computer Policy on shutdown.

There is something special in the cmd.exe environment when a script is started in
this way. The solution was to cd to the directory where cwrsync is installed before
starting rsync. My script which works is now something like:

     SETLOCAL
     SET CWRSYNCHOME=C:\util\cwrsync
     SET CWOLDPATH=%PATH%
     SET PATH=%CWRSYNCHOME%;%PATH%

     cd "%CWRSYNCHOME%"

     rsync ...

Maybe the PATH change would not be needed now, but I didn't test without it.

Mi