Question on folder sync with "directory name translation"

Gionata Boccalini gionata.boccalini at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 13:40:43 MDT 2015

Thanks Joe for the reply:
1) why do you say to use fuzzy twice? Do you mean in both directions?
2) I have to mention that the remote system is a Synology NAS, which for
whatever reason (I can't think about), doesn't support symlinks, even in
the same disk volume or "share"!

> But I could make some symlinks in the local system (archlinux) and user
> exclude filters to remove the directories I don't want to synchronize.

But still there is no way of doing this with rsync options alone?

*_______________Gionata Boccalini*