rsync with 8bit file names?

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Thu Sep 11 06:36:01 MDT 2014

When trying to sync my TV folder to a mirror drive, episodes with non-ASCII characters in them cannot be processed by rsync. Anything I can do about this?

For example, I get this:

building file list ...
file has vanished: "/Volumes/TV/Raising Hope/Raising Hope - S04E01 - De?\#201ja Vu Man.mkv"

This is rsync under OS X:

$ rsync --version
rsync  version 2.6.9  protocol version 29
Copyright (C) 1996-2006 by Andrew Tridgell, Wayne Davison, and others.
<http://rsync.samba.org/>
Capabilities: 64-bit files, socketpairs, hard links, symlinks, batchfiles,
              inplace, IPv6, 64-bit system inums, 64-bit internal inums

I'd check macports, but since it's not been updated for 10.10 yet I'll need to wait a while.

--
Passion is the pill you can swallow forever Taking them one by one One
by One --Agents of Good Roots "Come On"