rsync for windows doesn't like "--rsh"?

Jason Haar Jason_Haar at trimble.com
Sun May 25 20:47:03 MDT 2014

Hi there

I'm trying to get rsync for windows (tried two versions) to call "--rsh"
so I can pipe rsync through openssl.exe. When I run it I get

The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe.

So it looks like the CMD file I have that calls openssl.exe isn't
joining up with rsync.exe? As rsync.exe defaults to calling ssh.exe, and
I can even successfully call it via "rsync.exe --rsh ssh.exe", that
makes me think the problem is with either my tiny CMD file or
openssl.exe not "piping" correctly? Buffering issues perhaps?

Can anyone help this poor old Unix guy out on Windows? :-)

Thanks

--
Cheers

Jason Haar