could rsync support to specify source IP address when current host has multiple NIC?

devzero at web.de devzero at web.de
Thu Mar 6 13:54:21 MST 2014

if you use ssh as transport, you can try

rsync -e 'ssh -oBindAddress=<local interface ip address>'

man 5 ssh_config is telling:

     BindAddress
             Use the specified address on the local machine as the source
             address of the connection.  Only useful on systems with more than
             one address.  Note that this option does not work if
             UsePrivilegedPort is set to âyesâ

regards
roland