getting problems with lsyncd.

garvit sharma garvits45 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 17:14:40 MDT 2013

you know what earlier i was thinking that lsyncd was also created by this
community since lsyncd literally uses rsync. That is why i came here and
posted about lsyncd problems !!!!

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 2:39 AM, Brian K. White <brian at aljex.com> wrote:

> On 5/23/2013 1:28 AM, garvit sharma wrote:
> > Please help i have tried many times but i did not found the reason
> > behind not syncing up.
>
> What do you expect anyone here to do? This is the rsync mail list not the
> lsync mail list. I could tell you a lot about rsync but I have never used
> or seen or even heard of lsync.
>
> Your debugging process starts with lsync. Find out what rsync command
> lsync is trying to run, if any, and we can then debug that rsync command,
> maybe.
>
> When your vacuum cleaner doesn't work, you don't go to the people who made
> the motor inside, you go to the people who made the vacuum cleaner. Maybe
> the motor is bad, or maybe the motor is perfect and the power switch is
> bad, or maybe the motor and the power switch are both perfect and the hose
> is plugged, or any of 100 other things equally likely.
>
> We only know about the motor. If you can tell us what kind of power is
> reaching the motor (what is the rsync command line being executed) we can
> tell if that will make the motor go or not. We can't tell you what else
> might be wrong with the rest of the vacuum cleaner and we can't say if the
> dirt will actually come up off the floor, only that the motor will go.
>
> Essentially, you are asking the people who just made the motor that the
> vacuum cleaner people used in their vacuum cleaner, why the dirt isn't
> coming up off your floor.
>
> --
> bkw
>
> --

Regards

Garvit Sharma
Computer Science and Engineering
UG Third year
LNM IIT, Jaipur

*No Body is a Scholar by birth, its only hard work and strong determination
that makes him master.*
*
*