contribute to rsync

garvit sharma garvits45 at gmail.com
Sun May 19 21:19:10 MDT 2013

Hello All,

               Myself Garvit Sharma working in hyderabad central
university(HCU) at DCIS. I have started using rsync to sync the data and i
found it very interesting. After using rsync a lot i realized to contribute
to rsync by adding some extra features into it. Every time for
synchronization we need to do it manually by executing command on the
command line but instead of doing it manually imagine if it does
automatically sync whenever it find changes in the single file.
To do this we need to start a daemon on both the source and destination and
these daemon will check the time stamp of last modification of the
directory we want and if it finds the new time stamp then it will sync.

The above mentioned idea is my own and i have already started reading and
understanding the source of rsync. Please give your comments, your comments
matters a lot for me.

Thanks,

--
Regards

Garvit Sharma
Computer Science and Engineering
UG Third year
LNM IIT, Jaipur

*No Body is a Scholar by birth, its only hard work and strong determination
that makes him master.*
*
*