cwRsync got killed...

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Thu Mar 8 08:44:52 MST 2012

On 12-03-07 05:17 PM, Brian K. White wrote:
> On 3/7/2012 3:05 PM, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:
>>
>> What I have:
>>
>> c787dfa854775793d1a1b5c3502b57b5 *cwRsyncServer_4.2.0_Installer.zip
>>
>> I will make it available for download if it's still missing, and BTW I
>> would love to get the latest client-only installer.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
>>

> Has one of everything for 4.1.0, client, server, installer, source:
>
> http://mirror.transact.net.au/sourceforge/s/project/se/sereds/cwRsync/4.1.0/
>

> You can also get the same .nsi 's for for 4.1.0 here:
> http://sereds.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=sereds/sereds;a=summary
>
> For example, there are 3 nsi files in the server source zip,
> cwrsync-server.nsi, icw.nsi, rsync-server.nsi
>
> They appear to be:
>
> http://sereds.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=sereds/sereds;a=blob_plain;f=cwrsync/cwrsync-server.nsi
>

> http://sereds.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=sereds/sereds;a=blob_plain;f=icw/base/icw.nsi
>

> http://sereds.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=sereds/sereds;a=blob_plain;f=icw/rsync-server/rsync-server.nsi
>

> I guess you are supposed to get all the actual files from a more or less
> standard cygwin install ?

Thanks. I never bothered getting the source, but the 4.2.0 client was
still up on a mirror mentioned in the thread. And technically, Itefix is
still responsible for distributing the sources to anyone that downloaded
the original binary from sourceforge.

I think it would be important for Rsync to stop linking to the Itefix
page, and it would be great to host the latest cwRsync until as decent
alternative comes up.

- --
Thomas