BDsync: Block Device sync

Rolf Fokkens rolf at rolffokkens.nl
Wed Jun 27 05:51:29 MDT 2012

Hi!

After having wrestled with rsync and several patches I found a solution to
synchronize block devices: BDsync.

Bdsync can be used to synchronize block devices over a network. It generates
a "binary diff" in an efficient way by comparing  MD5 checksums of 32k
blocks of block devices. This binary diff can be applied to "destination"
after which  the local blockdevices are synchronized.

bdsync was built to do the only thing rsync isn't able to do: synchronize
block devices. But I would actually like rsync or another tool te replace
bdsync ASAP.

Interrested people can download the sources from:
http://bdsync.rolf-fokkens.nl/

Rolf