Time rsYnc Machine (tym)

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 13:20:59 MDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 3:48 AM, M. Carrasco <ca at dragoman.org> wrote:

> 3. Cron
> It can run properly run from cron as it is demonized.

What's this about?  I've never had problems running run of the mill scripts
from cron, once the environment is adequately replicated.

> "--hard-links" is not used and there is for and against reasons. From man
> rsync:
>
>    "... finding  multiply-linked  files  is expensive."
>    "Without this option, hard-linked files in the transfer are treated as
> though they were separate files."

FWIW, it might be nice to add a hardlink detecting bloom filter to rsync at
some point.  This makes the process of detecting hardlinks less expensive.
Another way to narrow down the field is to just look at st_nlink.