How does rsync file verification work?

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 16:51:05 MST 2012

There are a number of data verification tools which may be options. One possibility is FingerPrint, a tool designed to verify data sets (not designed as a trip wire) : http://bit.ly/fingerprint-oriontransfer

Also another thing to keep in mind is that some file systems / hardware storage systems will perform checksums for data so that in the event that the hardware's ECC check is not able to resolve the problem the file system / hardware will detect the issue and attempt repair.

Finally, keep in mind that if you have a lot of data, this verification process may use considerable resources on your system(s).

Hope this helps.

This email is protected by LBackup, an open source backup solution.
http://www.lbackup.org