Prevent dereferenced path of symlinked directories from printing on client side log output

Greg Deback (rsync) greg.deb+rsync at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 07:56:47 MST 2012

Hello,

I found something that could be interesting for you : the *command=""* that
you can put at the beginning of the corresponding line of your
$HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys. For this to work, you must use rsync with
rsa/dsa keys.
$HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys should have one line like this on the server
host :
command="rsync --server --sender -Phaz --copy-links --copy-dirlinks .
/backup/path/" ssh-rsa YourVeryLongSSHKey...
Note that this will override all options passed to rsync on the client side.
See this link :
http://learninginlinux.wordpress.com/2009/05/07/rsync-fixed-server-side-options/

Greg