Compiling rsync-3.0.9 on Xcode 4.4 (Mountain Lion)

Ian Battersby ian.battersby at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 13:03:50 MDT 2012

Apologies if this isn't the right list for this post, looking for some guidance on compiling rsync on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion having recently upgraded, including XCode 4.4.

> ./prepare-source                                             ~/Code/rsync OSXPatched at 984bc92
make: Nothing to be done for `conf'.

> ./configure                                                        ~/Code/rsync OSXPatched at 984bc92
	<.. snip ..>
    rsync 3.1.0dev configuration successful

> make                                                                 ~/Code/rsync OSXPatched at 984bc92
autoconf -o configure.sh
	<.. snip ..>
Copying srcdir rsync.1
cp: ./rsync.1: No such file or directory
make: [man-copy] Error 1 (ignored)
Copying srcdir rsyncd.conf.5
cp: ./rsyncd.conf.5: No such file or directory
make: [man-copy] Error 1 (ignored)

Any pointers gratefully appreciated! If it is a bug then I'll happily detail in Bugzilla.

Best wishes, Ian.