Require Information

Charalampos Gkevrekis cgkevrek at cres.gr
Wed Oct 5 04:08:27 MDT 2011

Hi there!

I would like to ask kindly for some further information concerning Rsync
software.

What I am planning to do is to replicate data (database) at certain
intervals.

My first question is, can I do this with Rsync?

To be more specific I have a mysql database at a point and I want this
database to be replicated to a remote side at real-time.

In other words I need to setup a backup process for this database in real
time.

Could anyone tell me if I can do this with Rsync and give me a clue how can
I implement this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Charalampos Gkevrekis

System Administrator

Center for Renewable Energy Sources and Saving

Energy Information Systems & Planning Dept

 <http://www.cres.gr/> www.cres.gr

E-mail:  <mailto:cgkevrek at cres.gr> cgkevrek at cres.gr

Telephone: (+30)210 6603330

Mobile: (+30)6945 237506