maybe a Unicode problem? was Re: two bugs in rsync 3.0.6 - ampersands in filenames, double quoting required

travis+ml-rsync at subspacefield.org travis+ml-rsync at subspacefield.org
Fri Mar 11 20:06:41 MST 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 07:00:57PM -0800, travis+ml-rsync at subspacefield.org wrote:
> This time it failed when trying to delete a file containing the word G\#303\#266del
>
> I wonder if there's some issues with Unicode...

Or possibly not.  This time, the last line before the I/O error was a
filename with nothing special in it, just spaces and a hyphen.

If anyone can suggest a troubleshooting technique I'd appreciate it.

Both src and target are Ubuntu, the source is rsync 3.0.6 and the target is 3.0.7
--
I'm not sleeping; I'm regenerating. | http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
My emails do not usually have attachments; it's a digital signature