restoring system

Tony Abernethy tony at servasoftware.com
Sun Apr 24 12:22:04 MDT 2011

Until you get responses from people who actually know what they are talking about.
?1 what is the file system on the usb drive. Fat32 cannot preserve owner/group or their permissions.
?2 preserving hard links end-to-end
a3 rsync will use whatever targets are currently existing and their underlying file systems.