Rsync failed as a cron task.

Ian Skinner iskinner at cdpr.ca.gov
Thu Sep 16 08:55:14 MDT 2010

Any advice for an all around newbie.

I have a rsync command that works just fine whenever I have executed it directly from the command line.
/usr/local/bin/rsync -v -v -v -P --stats -z -r -t -p -l --delete --password-file=/export/home/webuser/.appprod --exclude "*.htaccess" /export/home/xternal/htdocs/ webuser at appprod::dprweb_www > /export/home/webuser/logs/rsync

But when we tried to execute this as a daily cron task, it did not synchronize the servers.  This is all that exists in the log file created by rsync.
[client] add_rule(- *.htaccess)
[sender] _exit_cleanup(code=1, file=main.c, line=1241): about to call exit(1)

That doesn't tell me much.  Anybody else?

TIA
Ian