--delete and --files-from

Leon Castellanos lcastellanos at mentora.com
Mon May 24 09:50:09 MDT 2010

Hi,

I've read as much as I can regarding the many problems people seem to have with -delete and none of the solutions seems to work for me.

I have tried all combinations of using the trailing slash but it seems to have no effect.

Does anyone know if -delete can work with -files-from?

Here's the code:

DIR="/mnt/backup/machine/oracle"
FILES=".test_files.files"
RDEST="10.0.150.52::machine-backup"
find $DIR/lvl1 -maxdepth 1 -type f -mmin +30| /usr/bin/awk -F/ '{print $8"/"$9}' > /tmp/$FILES;
rsync -ptrgoz --stats --delete --files-from=/tmp/$FILES $DIR/ $RDEST/

As I mentioned above I have tried all combinations of $DIR/ $DIR $RDEST/ $RDEST

The rsyncd.conf on the other end:

[machine-backup]
path = /mnt/backup/machine
read only = false
transfer logging = yes
uid = 0

Here too I tried the trailing slash with no effect.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated...

-Leon