How to let rsync detect file RENAMEs

Mac User FR macuserfr at free.fr
Thu May 20 08:23:39 MDT 2010

Hi,

rsync only synchronizes one way. If you mean that when you change the
file in location A then you run rsync A to B and when you change the
file in B side, you run a different command rsync B to A, it's OK. If
you want rsync to automatically see which side changed, rsync doesn't
do that. For this job, consider using Unison http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

rsync = one-way sync
unison = both way sync

Otherwise, look at man rsync to see the options to do your sync, that
means delete options.

Cheers,

Vitorio