Getting transfer error lists

Ryan Joseph thealchemistguild at gmail.com
Wed May 5 18:25:51 MDT 2010

On May 5, 2010, at 10:41 PM, Michael Renner wrote:

> I'm writing a compley backup application with rsync in shell.
>
> What I do to report errors: analyze the return code an internal table with
> error specifications and reporting these in clear text. The code:

You mean you just look at the return code from rsync and ignore the individual lines reported in the output? That's certainly easiest if it's accurate. Does rsync stop transferring if it encounters an error and thus only one error code is ever relevant? I felt that there were multiple errors that couldn't be expressed in a single code but I may be wrong since I haven't been using rsync long.

Regards,
	Josef