Problems with deleted file logging

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sun May 2 18:33:45 MDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Enrico Gallo <enrico.gallo at gmail.com>wrote:

> the fist one is already described in
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=536078 , but I don't
> find any reply

I don't recall seeing that one in the main rsync bugtracking, but I may have
just forgotten it.  That is still a bug in the current code.

the second one, when parsing log file, absolute paths of deleted files show
> pwd instead of destination directory

You didn't provide your copy command, but at least you mentioned that one
side was 2.6.9, which makes me believe that this is the bug affecting you
(fixed in 3.0.0):

- Fixed a bug in the %f logfile escape when receiving files: the destination
path is now included in the output (e.g. you can now tell when a user
specifies a subdir inside a module).

You can avoid that by using %n or upgrading rsync.