rsync 3.0.5 Appears to be Transferring Unchanged Files

Norbert Hoeller nhoeller at sinet.ca
Wed Jun 30 12:01:37 MDT 2010

Further testing has determined that the rsync command is working as
advertised.  backuppc uses a Perl implementation of File::RsyncP that
communicates with rsync.  The Ubuntu port for ARM processors appears to
label a significant number of blocks as changed even through the source
and target files are identical.  The problem has been reported to Craig
Barratt and the ubuntu-devel-discuss mailing list.