--compare-dest weirdness

Kevin Murray k.d.murray.91 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 18:22:24 MDT 2010

Hi Henri

Thanks very much. LBackup looks good, but i need a solution which only
copies files which have changed, and does not link the others, as the
folder is destined for a tar archive. Also, the copied files must be
fully functional, i.e. must be whole files, not just differences like
rdiff. this is why im using rsync.

Using checksum works, however with over 600gb to backup it is not a
viable option.

the -i shows that most are being copied due to time differences, so in
theory -t should work? This does in fact work on a little test setup
on my work laptop, i will test it properly when i get home tonight.

Thanks

Regards
Kevin Murray