rsync: stat "/path/to/dest/file" failed: No such file or directory (2)

Andrei_r20 andrei.rakov at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 08:16:18 MST 2010

okay, here is an update:

I tried removing the -H option on the recovery part and I dont get the error
anymore...
so the files it was complaining about were all hard links... but I still
don't get it. Am i recovering to the exact same image as when the backup was
taken? For now, all my tries were dry-runs, blut without -H, hard links are
supposed to be treated as independent files, so the occupied volume will be
increased once recovered... and with 40 000  hard links that I have in the
hierarchy, I might run out of disk space...