using rsync to keep squeeze amd64 image freshened.

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 22:18:24 MST 2010

In-line :-

2010/12/17  <edacval at gmail.com>:

> None of 4 Taiwan official rsync mirrors offers ::debian-cdimage module.
> You can mirror from official debian rsync server:
> rsync -aHPv --block-size=8192
> cdimage.debian.org::cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-dvd/ /YOUR_DOWNLOAD_DIR/

Hi edacval,
 Thank you for making my life simpler :) . While I DO NOT know
specifically whether debian-cd  module is being given by the Taiwan
servers, the 4 Taiwan servers are listed in the rsync mirrors and via
ftp atleast the cdimage can be seen . Please see
ftp://ftp.tw.debian.org/debian-cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-dvd/

It may be that I'm completely wrong but it will be nice to know if
there is a way to traverse through a public server and see what they
are offering and not without downloading everything.

I saw on the man page there is an option of --list-only .
http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync.html (1st quarter of the page)
, is that it ? No idea though how would one go about using it

$ rsync --list-only cdimage.debian.org

I am taking the above server as the one you had given.

Thank you again for taking your time to reply and CCing me as well.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल