rsync exclude files based on filesize

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 17:49:41 MDT 2009

Is there a way to set rsync excludes by filesize? I already do
excludes by a wild card on the name but I needed something a bit more
sophisticated this time around.

I have files with the extension .nc (netcdf files) which tend to be
huge before the users post-process them. I want all files with a .nc
extension excluded if they are, say, 100+ MB in size.

Is there a way to do this via rsync?

[Actually I use rsnapshot and I had posted this question there
earlier; but on second thought rsnapshot can be passed on arbitrary
rsync options and this seems more like a fundamental rsync issue.
Sorry for the multipost.]

--
Rahul