"quick check" failed

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Thu Sep 17 04:46:29 MDT 2009

Hi folks,

We ran 2 mirror jobs using "rsync -av remote:/from /to"
of appr. 700 GByte. Problem: On the second run about 10 or 15
files were copied again, even though we are very sure that there
was no service running which could have changed the files on
remote:/from or on /to. Esp. Samba and NFS were off.

How comes?

The remote host has rsync version 3.0.4. The localhost uses
version 3.0.3. The file system was reiserfs on the remote side,
and xfs on localhost.

Any helpful comment would be highly appreciated

Harri