rsync man page questions

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Tue Sep 15 02:35:50 MDT 2009

On 09/15/2009 10:00 AM, Wolfram Volpi wrote:
> The “Filter Rules” section says: If a pattern does not begin with lq-
> rq (dash, space) or lq+ rq (plus, space), then the rule will be
> interpreted as if lq+ rq (for an include option) or lq- rq (for an
> exclude option) were prefixed to the string.

You must have a character encoding problem, my man page says:

If a pattern does not begin with “- ” (dash,  space)  or  “+  ”  (plus,
space),  then  the  rule will be interpreted as if “+ ” (for an include
option) or “- ” (for an exclude option) were prefixed to the string.  A
--filter  option, on the other hand, must always contain either a short
or long rule name at the start of the rule.

lq must mean left-quote, rq right quote.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Mobile: +45 22 12 53 25
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk