rsyncing large sized folder

love.wadhwa love.wadhwa at naukri.com
Wed Nov 25 05:39:24 MST 2009

Hi

I have to rsync a folder say 0. This folder inside it contains sub folders
[0-999]. Inside this subfolders i have further subfolders [0-999]. so my
directory structure is:

         /0/0/0/file
        /0/0/1/file
        /0/0/2/file

         /0/0/999/file
         /0/1/0/file
        /0/1/1/file

        /0/0/999/file      and so on till        /0/999/999/file.

Now i am syncing the parent folder /0 on another machine.I have copied all
the data to other machine and then run rsync.But rsync is taking a lot of
time and is not getting completed.Moreover i want to know will rsync take
this much time only the first time or also the next time when it is again
run when theres only a change in few files say 5 or 10.

Please help.