Does files-from work with --delete?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Nov 13 09:38:58 MST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Philip Pokorny <
ppokorny at penguincomputing.com> wrote:

>  How confident are you in the current state of 3.1.0.pre and the nightly
> snapshots?  Should I be concerned about running this on production data?

Personally, I'm almost ready to start using it in production.  The 3.1.0dev
code prior to the I/O changes was in production-ready shape, and the I/O
overhaul has been testing well so far (I use it for all the personal
rsyncing needs).  Any failure cases from the I/O code should result in the
stopping of the transfer, not some kind of corruption, and I haven't found
anything in quite a while.