rsync on OSX for transferring files using FAT32

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Tue May 12 23:57:43 GMT 2009

> Which flags should I use? I think ACL isn't important, but in general
> extended attributes are. I think that things worked well without the
> -X flag, but errors occur with -X.

If you are happy with the results without the -X option and there is
no errors being displayed, then I would suggest that you drop that flag.

Just keep in mind that some of the extended attributes may not be in
sync or that some files may get transfered when they do not need to
be. I do not understand the finer points of this flag.

You will be able to gain more information on which files are being
transfered and when by using either the --log-file=FILE, --itemize-
changes or --verbose options.

My advise is that you carefully check that any information you need
transferred is actually transfered or in your case synchronized.

I hope this helps.